A very basic take home message


I was recently reading an article that quoted the author of The Hardness Factor, Stephen Lamm, MD. In the article he stated that at least 70% of all diseases stem directly from lifestyle decisions, not from genes or other factors.
Ive heard and read this in other places before. In fact I recently heard one person say that its over 90%!
Whatever the right percentage is, the message is clear.
The power to be fit and healthy is overwhelmingly in YOUR hands.
So the question is, what are you going to do with all of that power?
Its a question that could easily be overwhelming isnt it?
However, it doesnt have to be.
Let me make it REALLY simple for you.
All you need to do is burn just ONE question in your head and ask it to yourself every time you need to make a decision.
Are you ready for it?
Here it is:
Will this help me or hinder me from reaching my goal?
Yes, thats it.
Simple, no?
Thats the beauty of it.
But dont be fooled by the simplicity of this.
If you can successfully make a habit of consistently asking yourself this, youll be amazed at the results.
Deep down we all know the right thing to do.
Should I have grilled chicken and a salad for lunch or pizza?
Should I have water with my meal or a pepsi?
Should I skip this workout today?
Should I have a bagel for breakfast or a couple of eggs and some fruit?
Should I go for a walk or do an intense full body workout instead?
Whether your goals are fat loss, getting that six pack or getting healthier, get into the habit of asking yourself that one little question and youll be surprised at how quickly you start making the right decisions.

Labels:


Make Comment   0 Comments     Email Post!   Share